Saturday, July 21, 2007

And So It Is...

As someone who regularly dives into the blogosphere in search of anything and everything, I felt that now was the time to brave my thoughts, put them in writing and maybe my mom (or blog savvy cousin Marg) will have a glance.

So why displaced in Chicago? When trying to describe the current time in my life...this is what I came up with. I thought it over and then turned to one of my best online friends, the dictionary to see what the exact meaning of displaced was. It was then that I knew this was the perfect title. Buried in the meaning of displaced was the definition, "to move or put out of the usual or proper place." Needless to say, it is not very usual for a girl who has spent the last four years of her life in Auburn, Alabama to wound up alone in Chicago.

After my career savior, Robert French, swept into my PR curriculum, I never really looked back. He taught me, and so many others, the vast world of social media.

I'm not sure yet what I will write about...probably the adventure I am about to embark on as a single 22-year old living in a brand new place with endless possibilities. I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Hey MK,

Thank you. You are too sweet and too kind. I'm glad to see you're going to do some writing out here. I'll watch with a friendly eye.

I'm sure you're going to do great things in Chicago. Take care of yourself.

Robert