Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hey Mama Welcome To The...

I bit the bullet, got over Ricki Lake being completely replaced, and I ventured out to Michigan Avenue to catch a showing of Hairspray. I was trying to come up with a clever title, but then realized what do you call the 2000s? It's not the '60s, '70, '80s or the '90s...its the '00s. Does anyone get my point? Anyways...

So in case you live under a rock and haven't seen the original movie, the new movie or the musical, (you people really should get out more if you haven't partaken in any of these) there is a song in it called Welcome to the '60s. Great little ditty, worth a download on iTunes.

After the movie, I was thinking about how things have changed in the way the original Hairspray was marketed compared to this new version. Last week, a colleague of mine shared with me the Hairspray website. Among other things, they are marketing it through blogs and a template for your myspace page. It truly is amazing the progression of marketing/pr/advertising (I know I should really be getting the difference, but sometimes it is a little blurry). How do you hit the youth? You have to go online, or there is a very good chance you will not have much of an impact.

So for a good clean time, even my grandmother Goggie would like it because of the lack of "smutt," go check out Hairspray. You won't regret it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally got my Jersey back.
War Eagle!

P.S. What do you need for your apt?

B.D., E.B.A.

mom said...

Well, I guess you are taking my kicking and screaming into the bloggasphere! Just won't let me
"be" will ya, Miss Mary. The old adage of expand your horizons I used on you and Kate are coming back to haunt me.
Looking forward to living vicariously through you. I appreciate being able to share it with you. XOXO MOM

Dorsey said...

Hey Mary,
It's your not-so-blogg-savvy cousin. I am glad to know that we will be able to keep up with your adventures in the midwest. Maybe I should have a blog named Kindergarten Krap, what do ya think?
Enjoy your displacement! I am going to visit my area of displacement this weekend. Well it will be my area of dispalcement in 343 days, but who's counting. Going to look at houses so that should prove to be interesting!
Can't wait to read more. Have fun! Lots of Love!
Dorsey

Lauren said...

well Mary....(whoops didn't mean to use this, but hey I am not in the workforce yet) I am just now realizing what your title "Displace in Chicago" is. For some reason I thought it was a website I should checkout, and I am just now getting to check it out. You are one clever writer my friend. We need to write a novel about all of our wild and crazy adventures. I loved the shout out! Kazoo and Tamb are definitely my favorite b/c I can actually play them. Duh.
love
Lauren
Posh
David
the kids
and James(Blake that is)